Monday, May 16, 2016

Thank You BCC...

In October of 2004, I accepted an invitation to become the minister of the Brooksville Christian Church in Brooksville, Florida.  For nearly 12 years it has been my privilege to be your minister & friend.  A new door of ministry has opened for my family in Missouri, but I simply want to express my appreciation for the BCC family in this post...




- I want to thank the elders for their invitation and support over the years.  Ministry is about relationships.  And what we know to be true about relationships is that they will be filled with laughter and joy, and sometimes they will have to overcome difficulties & tension.  We have had many, many meetings over the years, and in the course of them we've had to make decisions, some church-altering.  But you men were the ones I stood next to as we battled all that Satan could throw our way.  I thank you for taking on the task to be the shepherds & overseers of the flock.  I will look back with joy at the times we traveled together to a seminar or conference (especially the trip to Louisville to Southeast Christian Church).

- I want to thank those of you who have loved our children.  Kristi & I want our kids to forever love Christ and His church.  The greatest way for this to happen is for them to see Christ in your lives.  One of the greatest reasons I entered into the ministry is because of the people who shaped my life, many of them teachers & youth sponsors, especially my youth ministers & preachers.  That will go a long way with our kids, so we thank you for teaching them and loving them, and showing them Christ in your life.

- I want to thank those of you who were with us at the hospital the night Jaret died.  I don't remember much of what was said...but I do remember your faces as you stood next to us in the darkest moment of our lives.  I know how hard that was on us...I can't imagine how hard that was on you.  Jaret was very much a part of the fabric of BCC, and you were there with us when we handed him over to the arms of Jesus.  We will be forever grateful for that.

- I want to thank you for the opportunity I had to baptize a number of you into Christ.  Of all the things I get to do, this is THE greatest moment I can share in your life with.  It wasn't just the baptism itself...  It was the moments we had to talk, to teach, to learn, to pray - everything that led up to that decision.  I will also remember that all of my children were baptized at BCC - and those images will stay in my mind forever.  Stay with it...  Be a disciple who in turn makes other disciples.

- I want to thank the staff I've had the privilege to serve with.  Earl & Ann Hagar took Kristi & I in to their hearts and home, and we miss them as they have went home to be with the Lord.  I had a special friendship with Earl, and it was always a joy to be with him.  To the youth ministers I served with: Justin, Ben, Jeff & Joey - I thank you guys for everything you meant to me.  It was especially my honor to watch Joey grow up in his teen years, to then work with him and do his wedding ceremony.  Those are memories that last a lifetime, and my prayers are with Joey & Candace as they will welcome a beautiful little girl into this world soon.  My thanks to Sandi for all her efforts as our office administrator - you were a help to my ministry, and I thank you for loving what you do!

- I want to thank you for laying your life on the line for Christ and His church.  So many of you volunteer in so many different ways.  Whether it's the outside grounds, preparing communion, preparing for a youth event, cooking meals for an all-church luncheon, preparing a meditation thought, teaching a class, singing during our worship, leading or serving in a ministry team - or the countless other service opportunities you do - thank you for loving Jesus so much that you would do that.  You didn't take a dime for your efforts, and that is the most commended ministry of all.

We love this church...  And I will forever have these words of Paul (from Philippians 1:3-11) etched on my heart & memory when I pray for BCC...  


I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Mike, as all you post from your heart...sniff...sniff..I cant let go.

    ReplyDelete